You can diversify through a wide variety of investment options ranging from traditional equity and bond funds to sectors, currency, commodities and more from some of the most well-known and respected asset managers in the industry today.
Management: EliteDesigns offers the investment management expertise of skilled professionals, and is structured to accommodate the skills of your investment advisor.
Beyond tax deferment, EliteDesigns includes additional benefits that may help to improve investment returns.
Due to the Variable Annuity's tax deferred nature, there are no taxable gains to be recorded until distributions are made from the contract .1,2
Even if you have maximized your annual limits on qualified investments, such as a 401(k) or an IRA, you can continue to invest in your tax-deferred EliteDesigns investment platform.2
EliteDesigns allows clients to use the active management services of a variety of investment professionals, including Registered Investment Advisors (RIA), brokers and Third-Party Investment Advisors (TPIA). Working in concert with other client advisors, a TPIA may assist a registered representative by providing specialized expertise and the dedicated focus needed for managing active strategies.3 The TPIA may offer ongoing portfolio management, regularly reporting to both the client and the client's registered representative. We highly recommend that the investor seek out the advice of a trained investment professional to aid in the investing process.5
EliteDesigns offers an optional death benefit rider that entitles beneficiaries to an amount equal to the principal investment less a proportional reduction for withdrawals or current contract value, whichever is greater. This benefit applies specifically to a scenario wherein the value of the annuity has fallen below that of the principal.4 This benefit eliminates any downside risk in the underlying fund selections to the beneficiaries of the owner. If this optional benefit is not selected, the standard death benefit is the current contract value on the date we receive proof of death and instructions about how to pay the benefit. The rider is only available at issue. The optional death benefit rider has costs associated with it (0.35% annually). You cannot change or cancel the rider after it is issued. It may not be available in all states.
With EliteDesigns, your beneficiaries can generally avoid the delays and expenses of probate, please consult with your legal or tax advisor on your specific situation.
- Small, Mid and Large Cap Growth
- Small, Mid and Large Cap Value
- Small, Mid and Large Cap Blend
- Index Funds
- Global and International Equity
- Government, Corporate and High-yield Bond
(short and intermediate term)
- Money Market
- Balanced/Asset Allocation
- Asset Allocation/Lifestyle
- Inverse Index
- Dynamic Index
- Specialty Sector
- Real Estate
- Hedged Equity
1. Withdrawals are taxable as ordinary income and, if made before age 59 may be subject to a 10% IRS penalty tax.
2. Investments above $2,000,000 total in all annuity contracts issued by Security Benefit Life require prior approval from Security Benefit Life.
3. For EliteDesigns, the TPIA may require you to enter into a separate contract with them and may charge a fee for their service, which is separate from the fees associated with the EliteDesigns Variable Annuity.
4. Security Benefit does not offer investment advice.
5. Investing in a variable annuity through a tax-qualified contract such as an IRA offers no additional tax benefit.